Missing from Addventure 2.1
Several requested features are missing from version 2.1. You may see
some of these in future releases - if you have any thoughts on them,
please send comments or other good ideas to
- Guides to help you through the game
- Guides are a concept we're looking at to provide a number
of interesting features such as
- A graph of the game, showing all the episodes and the paths
to get between them.
- Indications of "hot spots" to view or avoid.
- Keyword searching, for areas that may be of more interest than others.
- Possibly many more ideas?
- Help you locate a room number you've been to before
- Let you know what choices take you to uncompleted episode
- Author/editor board
- There is some interest in restricting access - we will probably go
with one or more of the following forms
- Allow the story to be read by anyone, but only writable by
- Require episode to be approved by an editorial board before publishing
- Forward copies of the new episode to an editorial board for review
- Technical improvements
- Java applets for episode creation
- Reduce the ammount of space required to store pages that are
not yet created
- Move to a more "real" dataabse
- After you have created a episode, how are you sure that it looks
correct and doesn't have any typos? This gives the ability to edit a
episode after you have created it, but before you open it to the public.
- More access to lower-down episodes
- There have been complaints that episodes that are created farther
down in the game aren't viewed, and we are looking at a couple of ways
to solve this. Some of these may be implemented with guides.
- What if there was a link or button at the top of the game that
could take you to any episode that currently exists?
- What if every player had the opportunity to nominate the episodes
they think would be good starting points, and episodes that get enough
votes would be designated as such?
- New forms of linking
- We're looking at a couple of different things that you will be
able to use to make more powerful options
- Linking from an option to somewhere outside the game
- Sidelinking to a "sibling" episode, and have each sibling episode link
to each other (backlinking can't do this).
- What if there is a chance that you will end up in a different
place by following the same choice? Adds a sense of the real unknown.
- What if you could create a choice that started a whole new game?
- More control for authors
- Authors seem to like to create a whole bunch of episodes at once,
so it might be a good idea to reserve a "block" of episodes for a person
[ What was left to do in 2.0
| What did you do? ]